Focus On The Children...
You are your child's first and most important teacher!
Join the Warrenton Parents As Teachers Program Today!
What is Parents As Teachers (PAT)?
PAT is a free program for families with children aged Prenatal to Kindergarten entry (usually 5).We provide one-on-one consultations in your home, scientific information on brain development and information on what to expect during each developmental stage. We focus on four domains of development: language, intellectual, social-emotional and motor.
• As a parent, you are your child’s first and most important teacher.
• Your child will learn more during the early years than at any other time in life.
• How your children grow and learn during the years will affect their later development and success in school.
Free Services and Materials Provided by PAT...
• Personal home visits by certified child developments specialists
• Group meetings and activity sessions with other parents and children
• Periodic screenings of your child’s development and health, hearing, and vision
Give your child the best possible start in life!
We know being a parent is hard work. It could be the most difficult job you will ever have and it does not come with a manual! The fact is your child was born to learn. Research shows that children learn more in the first few years of their life than they do at any other time. You shape your child's future through the kinds of experiences you provide to them, because YOU are your child's first and most important teacher. By participating in our Parents As Teachers program, you will form partnership with us that will help you help your child learn, grow and develop.
To receive information about the Warrenton School District Parents As Teachers Program please call 636-456-4311 ext. 6136.
To provide the information, support and encouragement parents need to help their children develop optimally during the crucial early years of life.